Help Nest Learn Your Schedule
The Nest Learning Thermostat is one of the most popular smart home products on the market today.
The Nest thermostat lets you control your home air conditioner/heater via your smartphone.
With the Nest app installed on your phone, you can leverage your GPS location to tell Nest when you are home or away.
“…there’s no reason controlling your home’s basic functions should be any more difficult than checking your email. But Nest does even more than turn on your AC: by learning your habits and your home’s unique thermal profile, it can automatically save you energy in ways a standard programmable thermostat can’t…” -Engadget
Set up Nest GPS-based Home/Away
- First, download the Nest app to your mobile phone.
- Then, sign in and tap the Setting gear in the top right corner.
- Then tap on “Home/Away Assist”
- Now tap on “What decides if you’re home” to link your phone GPS
- Tap on “You” and turn the toggle switch to “On” for “Do you want to use your phone’s location for Home/Away Assist?”
Don’t have a Nest yet?
The Nest Learning Thermostat is available online for $249 from Amazon. The newest model of the thermostat (Gen 3) is available in 4 different colors: Copper, Stainless Steel, Black, and White
Purchase Your Own Nest on Amazon