How to Get the IMEI of Your Lost iPhone
There are many situations that you may need to provide the IMEI of your iPhone, but you don’t have the phone in your possession. The most common case is if you lost your iPhone and need to track it from the carrier. These methods will help you find out the IMEI, MEID, and serial number of your iPhone in the event you’ve lost it or don’t have it with you. You can also find this information on the original product packaging, if you still have it around.
There are two ways to retrieve your iPhone IMEI: iTunes backup and Apple ID.
This guide will only help you if :
1) You have access to the computer the device has been sync’d to
2) The device was associated with an Apple ID in System Settings
Recover iPhone IMEI Using Apple ID Online
If you set your Apple ID in the Settings app on your iPhone, you can find your IMEI by logging into the Apple ID website and viewing the list of devices associated with your account.
Steps to Recover IMEI on AppleID.Apple.com
- Login with your Apple ID on appleid.apple.com
- Select your country (if asked for)
- Scroll down and find “Devices” on the left sidebar
- Click “View Details”
- Provide answers to security questions
- Click on the desired device from the list of devices
- A box will pop-up and display the following information:
- Serial Number
Recover iPhone IMEI Using iTunes Backup History
If you’ve ever plugged your iPhone into your computer and completed an iTunes sync, you will have at least 1 backup of your device stored on your computer. iTunes provides a list of the devices it currently stores backups for. Using this list, you can find out the IMEI of the backed-up device – without having the device plugged in or in-hand.
Steps to Recover IMEI with iTunes Backup
- Open iTunes on the computer you previously sync’d your iPhone with
- Go to ‘iTunes’ in the top left corner of the screen, click and choose “Preferences”
- In the new ‘General Preferences’ window, select “Devices” from the top navigation icons
- Find your device in the list and hover your cursor over it; you will see a small tooltip box that includes the following information:
- Software Version
- Serial Number