Everyone’s talking about Bitcoin and Ethereum, and if you’ve taken the plunge and purchased any form of Cryptocurrency, you might want to keep an eye on its price throughout the day.
The Apple Watch supports “complications” from apps, which allow data to be displayed on the watch face, powered by a background app.
The 5 easy steps below walk through setting up your watch for Crypto-price monitoring.
5 Steps to Track Bitcoin or Alt Coin Price on Watch:
1. Download Bitcoin Ticker for free from the Apple App Store
- The easiest way to track the price of cryptocurrency on your Apple Watch face is using a free app called Bitcoin Ticker.
- This app tracks the price of almost all cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Etherium, Dodgecoin, Golem, Zcash, and more.
2. Set Default Currency Preference (View screenshot)
You’ll need to set your desired coin as the default in Bitcoin Ticker.
- Open the app
- Tap “More” in the bottom right corner
- Then “Settings” > “Digital Currencies”
- Drag the currency you want to track to the top of the list.
- This will set the currency as the default selection, and will be the coin price shown on the watch face.
3. Confirm Bitcoin Ticker Complication Install (View screenshot)
- Open the Apple Watch app on your phone
- Tap “Complications” and look for “Bitcoin Ticker”
- If you see it on the list, move on to the next step. If not, ensure you’ve installed the app and have the latest WatchOS installed.
4. Add Bitcoin Ticket Complication to Watch Face (View screenshot)
- Still in the Apple Watch app, select the watch face you want to edit.
- Then tap the desired location from the list on the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll thru the available complications, and choose Bitcoin Ticker. It will display the price of the default currency set in Step 2.
5. Glance at Your Watch to Check Current Bitcoin Price
- You’re all set up! The price of coin will update periodically, right on your watch face.
- We’ve noticed some slight delays between the price being updated in the app, vs. on the watch; but nothing more than a few minutes.
- Be sure to select a preferred exchange as well, and drag it to the top of the list to set as the default. Enjoy!