Multisensor 6 Overview
The Aeotec Multisensor (Available on Amazon) has six sensors combined into 1 small, 1.8″ square plastic housing. When the Aeotech Multisensor is placed in a hallway or room, you can use the SmartThings app to monitor motion, humidity, temperature, light lux (brightness), UV, and vibration. On top of all those features, the Aeotec Multisensor 6 is natively compatible with SmartThings, so no custom device handlers or coding is necessary out-of-the-box.
In order to get these 6 sensors into such a small device, this sensor is one of the more pricey options available. At time of publishing, the sensor was listed for ~$60 on Amazon. Keep in mind: if you were to use more standard, cost-effective sensors, you’d have to mount six of them to get the same feature-set offered by the Multisensor 6.
The Multisensor 6 is a versatile choice because it can be powered by the included micro USB cable (although, the box cable is quite short), or alternatively, you can use two CR123A batteries – resulting in ~2 years of battery life with average use.
- Monitor motion, temperature, humidity, lux (brightness), UV, and vibration.
- 2 year battery life using CR123A, or plug into wall with USB adapter
- Natively compatible with SmartThings
- Measures 1.8-inches on all four sides. Small enough to mount in the corner of a room, or inside a downlight*
- In addition to SmartThings, the Aeotec Multisensors 6 is also compatible with Fibaro, Indigo 7, openHAB, and Vera hubs.
- Z-Wave Plus certified (Certification #ZC10-15070011)