Privacy and Data Policy
AverageTechBlog.com (the “Site,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) wants you to know how we collect and use your information. We work hard to keep your information secure, and we provide you with meaningful choices.
This policy applies to the Site and will disclose and describe our integrated tools and features (discussion forum functions, ad networks, etc.). We do not control and cannot speak for other web sites or apps, even if the Site contains links that connect to those other sites or apps.
Information We Collect and Use
We may collect and combine information when you interact with the Site including:
- Information You Provide. We collect information you provide to us, including:
- When you communicate with others via the Site, or when you post, comment, upload or store content.
- We analyze and store all content, messaging, and posts. This allows us to develop and deliver relevant features, content, and advertising.
- When you sign up for paid Services, use Services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our business partners, we may collect your payment and billing information.
- Device Information. We collect information from your computers or mobile devices, either directly or via our ad network and analytics partners, including your activity on the Site across devices. This includes data such as IP addresses, cookie information, mobile device, advertising identifiers, browser and version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognize your devices to provide you with personalized experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
- Location. Our ad networks and analytics partners collect location information from sources such as IP addresses and mobile phone network data. You can manage your location preferences and opt out of location tracking by using the location settings on your devices and within your web browser.
- Data from Tracking and Ad Technologies. We collect information during and after your interaction with the Site. This is done by data collection technologies, such as web beacons and cookies. These data collection technologies allow us and the advertising networks we use on the Site to understand your activity on and off the Site. This information includes the content and ads viewed or clicked on, the frequency and duration of your activity; your navigation of the Site and other sites, and any purchases from affiliate links.
- Data from Third Parties. We collect information about you from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, including:
- from connected third-party services or third-party sign ins such as via Facebook, Twitter or Google.
- from advertisers about your interactions with their ads or their sites.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We are able to deliver, personalize, and improve our Site by using the data we have about your activities and interests. We may use this data to maintain and improve the Site, fulfill your requests and when authorized by you, help advertisers improve their ads, serve relevant ads to you, contact you, report to others aggregated and/or anonymized data about our Site visitors and their usage habits, and to detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity as such things may arise.
You can manage or review your account information, marketing preferences, and user data by contacting the Site’s support team.
For further controls or opt-outs, please contact help@AverageTechBlog.com:
- to edit your account information and settings, including any profile and contact data
- to delete your account login credentials, make your account inaccessible, and/or remove or anonymize any content you have posted to the Site or shared with others on the Site
How We Share Data
We share data with our service providers, including ad networks, site analytics companies, and affiliate sales partners. We also share information we have about you for the purposes described in this policy, including to provide the Site and present ads to you, and as described above in the “How We Use the Data We Collect” part. We do not otherwise sell, license, or share information that individually identifies our customers with any other individuals or entities unless we have your consent, or in response to legal process, legal requests, claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties, or as otherwise required by law or for protection of the rights, property, or personal safety of our users or our personnel.
Change of Control of Our Site
If the ownership or control of the Site changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner, subject to this policy or its then-current version.
Information Security and Data Retention
We have technical and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of user data. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption when transmitting certain information, such as financial services information or payment information. Most browsers will show an icon resembling a green padlock when TLS is active. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet, and no information storage system is 100% secure. We also rely on our users to protect the security of their own accounts and personal data, including by not sharing passwords and login credentials, or by making those things readily available to third parties.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for a general audience. We do not want, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could be used to identify children under the age of 16.
Data Processing and International Transfers
You agree to the data collection, processing, storing, sharing, transferring, and uses of your information as outlined in this policy. You agree that we may transfer, process, store and use your information in countries other than your own.
Policy Applies Only to Us
This policy does not apply to the practices of any companies or individuals except for us, or to people whom we do not employ or control.
Updates and Amendments
We may update this policy from time to time, so please check it periodically. If we make changes that are material, we will provide you with notice before those changes occur.
If you have questions, suggestions, or concerns, please complete contact us at:
- Email: help@AverageTechBlog.com
Affiliate / Monetization / FTC Disclosure
This site has publisher relationships with the following advertising agents: Google, Amazon Services LLC.
AverageTechBlog.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
AverageTechBlog.com, LLC may sometimes get paid if you click website links and purchase a product or service. In the case of our forums, any links or recommendations are being posted by our community and do not represent endorsements by this site. In the case of our news stories, we may offer direct links to stores and vendors for the convenience of our readers, but unless otherwise stated, do not necessarily represent endorsements to those products.